Tuesday, September 7, 2010

million rectangles (IV)

some of the process (the part that i did a bunch of times)
this is the paper after doing some printing i had it stacked in a spray booth (it is still there as of this writing but will soon be in my studio (i'm getting ahead of myself)) in the printmaking studio. each box weighed about 128 pounds.
this is the roller that i used to put the ink onto the plate.
the roller, a can of ink, my palette knife, and the ink after spreading it with the palette knife and roller.
the first inking of the plate
these are some of the earliest prints... i pulled three prints from each inking of the plate: one was the original, one was the ghost print (from the ink leftover after the original print was made), and one was the transfer print (from the ink on the original). so the original is the darkest, the ghost is the medium value, and the transfer is the light value.

2 comments:

Dale said...

Fascinating. Thanks. I like you. I really like you. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Shauna Hunter said...

No one can ever say that I married a lazy man:) You are amazing, sweet husband (and a little crazy) I love you!

-Wifely