Saturday, February 27, 2010

graduate school

most of the waiting is over, or at least most of the not knowing. i've been accepted to graduate school to earn my MFA at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago! the Ceramics department has accepted me based on a portfolio of 20 images (only ten of them are pictures of clay related things!), two letters of recommendation, and one purpose statement. it is quite a relief in that i don't have to wonder if i am going to get my MFA from SAIC, now i am waiting for one more letter from the Printmedia department and after my interview next Saturday a letter from Painting and Drawing. i would love to be in the Painting and Drawing department but ultimately it doesn't matter too much because SAIC is so interdisciplinary. thanks to all of you who have supported Shauna and me in this adventure, it is shaping up in wonderful and exciting ways!

No comments: